An Introduction To The Meisner Technique
Saturday workshop. Date TBA shortly.
The Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester M2 5NS.
Acting Coach Peter Carroll is a highly experienced practitioner specialising in Stanislavski's Method and The Meisner Technique (Peter trained at The Acting Studio, New York City). Peter works with established national and international talent and content creators. This short course is suitable for beginners and established talent seeking continued professional development in the craft of acting for stage and screen. The course focuses on both the theory and the practical application of The Meisner Technique - a distinct approach towards acting for stage and screen.
About the course
10am-5pm. Venue-based: Manchester City Centre.
A masterclass with Peter Carroll
During this one day introduction course, participants will gain practical experience and insight into key aspects of Sanford Meisner’s Technique.
This Meisner workshop will focus on the practical application and understanding of key approaches and techniques to secure performance and stage truth.
The Meisner Technique is a distinct approach towards personal preparation and performance creation. It’s about how we connect with fellow actors to create organic, believable and engaging choices. It's about using who you are and acknowledging that the voice has meaning.
Some understanding of the core principles of Stanislavski’s system or method may be useful but is not essential.
Please note, a short scripted scene will be sent to you approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the workshop
• Introducing Repetition Exercises: purpose and understanding
• Adding motivated ‘action’ through emotional struggle and response
• Working with text: applying practical strategies to line learning and scene development
• Application in Performance: being present in the moment and avoiding anticipation
• Focuses on both the theory and the practical application of The Meisner Technique.
• All class notes & materials provided
• Certificate of Training
© Copyright, Thinking Actors and Peter Carroll